587 Women Receive Free Legal Aid
Four indigent women received free legal services between March and April 2018 while 583 were counselled on various legal and marital issues.
Legal Aid Manager, Barr. Vera Asenoguan expressed worry over the humiliating and barbaric treatment women are usually subjected especially at the demise of their husbands.
She stated that most of the rights as enshrined in the constitution such as rights and Drostanolone Masteron PropionateUSA dignity of the human person, freedom from discrimination, right to life, right to fair hearing and freedom to own and inherit property are still being violated with impunity in Nigeria.
Barr. Asenoguan said LAPO is committed to defending the rights of abused and violated women in the society through its legal Aid programme.
- IFC and Nigeria’s LAPO Partner to Expand Microfinance Lending in Sub-Saharan Africa May 5, 2021
- ‘Nutrition key to ending child, maternal mortality’ April 28, 2021
- NGO seeks proper nutrition for Nigerian children April 28, 2021
- Action Newsletter March 2021 Edition April 26, 2021
- Int’l Women’s Day: LAPO gives out N0.9m to women for contributing to growth, development of Nigeria March 16, 2021