587 Women Receive Free Legal Aid
Four indigent women received free legal services between March and April 2018 while 583 were counselled on various legal and marital issues.
Legal Aid Manager, Barr. Vera Asenoguan expressed worry over the humiliating and barbaric treatment women are usually subjected especially at the demise of their husbands.
She stated that most of the rights as enshrined in the constitution such as rights and dignity of the human person, freedom from discrimination, right to life, right to fair hearing and freedom to own and inherit property are still being violated with impunity in Nigeria.
Barr. Asenoguan said LAPO is committed to defending the rights of abused and violated women in the society through its legal Aid programme.
- LAPO Workplace COVID-19 Prevention May 6, 2020
- AG. ED SPEECH AT IYEKOGBO COMMUNITY HEALTH OUTREACH March 16, 2020
- Ekperi Community Agog As LAPO, Japanese Embassy Commission N28m Rice Mill Project March 16, 2020
- FOUNDER SPEECH AT THE OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING OF THE UGBEKPE-EKPERI COMMUNITY RICE MILL PROJECT IN EDO STATE 2020 March 10, 2020
- Action Newsletter February 2020 Edition March 9, 2020