587 Women Receive Free Legal Aid
Four indigent women received free legal services between March and April 2018 while 583 were counselled on various legal and marital issues.
Legal Aid Manager, Barr. Vera Asenoguan expressed worry over the humiliating and barbaric treatment women are usually subjected especially at the demise of their husbands.
She stated that most of the rights as enshrined in the constitution such as rights and Drostanolone Masteron PropionateUSA dignity of the human person, freedom from discrimination, right to life, right to fair hearing and freedom to own and inherit property are still being violated with impunity in Nigeria.
Barr. Asenoguan said LAPO is committed to defending the rights of abused and violated women in the society through its legal Aid programme.
- DON advocates increase budgetary allocation, wider insurance coverage to tackle maternal mortality in Nigeria February 26, 2021
- Stakeholders seek improved maternal, child health care system in Nigeria February 26, 2021
- Ex-provost seeks more health centres for rural areas February 26, 2021
- Why We Set Up Benin Medical Care – LAPO CEO February 25, 2021
- ‘LAPO set up to address low-income earners’ material deprivation, poor health, social exclusion’ February 24, 2021