THEME: Improving Access To Quality Maternal And Child Healthcare In Rural Communities: Issues and Perspectives
DATE: Wednesday, November 18, 2020
MODALITY: Zoom Webinar.
CHAIRMAN: Hon. Justice Samson O. Uwaifo (JSC Rtd, CON)
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Bishop (Prof) Vincent Iyawe, former Provost of the College of Medicine, University of Benin
CHIEF HOST: Godwin Eseiwi Ehigiamusoe PhD, CEO, LAPO
2020 ADF RESOURCES:
Initiated in 1994, the LAPO Development Forum has become a melting pot of ideas and rallying point for discussions with viable solutions proffered to identified issues in poverty and development in Nigeria.
The Nigerian health indices rank among the worst in the world with an alarming number of maternal, new-born, and child deaths occurring at the Primary Health Centres daily. The various reforms put forward by the Nigerian government to address the wide-ranging issues in the health care system are yet to be implemented at the state and local government levels.
This year’s Forum will provide an auspicious platform for critical stakeholders to dissect and provide workable solutions to the multifarious issues and challenges bedeviling health service delivery in Nigeria.
- To examine and proffer solutions to the challenges inhibiting primary healthcare delivery in Nigeria
- To advocate for workable policies and strategies to ensure access to quality health care in rural communities
- To contribute to lowering child and maternal mortality, and to improve basic health care for all, including reproductive services.
- A well-documented and publicized report containing presentations, discussions, major conclusions, and recommendations capable of stimulating sustainable socio-economic transformation in Nigeria.
- Implementation of new and existing policies capable of driving the growth and development of the Nigeria health sector.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE ANNUAL LAPO DEVELOPMENT FORUM
- The Annual LAPO Development Forum has over the years provided stakeholders the needed platform to interact and proffer realistic solutions to the crucial problem of poverty and under-development in Nigeria
- Ideas generated from previous editions of the Forum have improved the programme focus and delivery methodology of development organizations including LAPO.
- Key resolutions at Annual LAPO Development Forums have inputted into national poverty reduction programmes of various tiers of government.
HIGHLIGHT OF SOME PAST EDITIONS
26th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2019
25th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2018
24th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2017
23th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2016
22th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2015
Coordinators of the Conference:
James-Wisdom Abhulimen Rosemary Okwuobi
Tel: 08163706505, 07059493989 Tel: 08133994016
Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO) is a non-governmental and not for profit development organisation that is totally committed to the social, health, and economic empowerment of the poor and vulnerable in Nigeria. LAPO was founded by Dr. Godwin Eseiwi Ehigiamusoe in 1987 while working as a Rural Cooperative Officer in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State.
Over the years, the organisation has demonstrated an uncommon commitment to poverty alleviation through the implementation of innovative credit and non-credit empowerment programmes targeting disadvantaged groups. LAPO programmes include gender sensitization aimed at reducing the level of gender inequity, social exclusion, and health intervention, which include prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other tropical diseases.
The leading institution enabling prosperity, excellent health, and social justice in Africa
To use innovative approaches to provide financial, health, and social services to stakeholders in a sustainable manner.
Connect With Us:
LAPO … Improving Lives