Action Newsletter October 2019 Edition
LAPO Forum: Prof Soludo, Adeleye Lead Nigerian Healthcare Situation Panel Discussions
Prof. Soludo, former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and member of the Economic Advisory Council of the government will chair the Forum while Prof. Adeleye, a renowned professor of Public Health and Community Medicine, UNIBEN and Consultant Public Health and Community Physician with the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City will deliver the keynote paper.
The Forum is scheduled to hold at the International Conference Centre, Central Business District, Abuja on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 from 9:00am prompt.
Over 300 distinguished personalities including members of the National Assembly, Policy Makers, Health Practitioners, NGOs/CSOs, International Development Organisations, academic institutions and professional bodies are expected at the conference with inputs from key stakeholders.
Initiated in 1994, the LAPO Development Forum has become a rallying point for discussions and provision of workable solutions to identified issues in poverty and development in Nigeria. Gen. Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR are among prominent personalities who have delivered key papers at the Forum in the past.
A non-governmental and not-for-profit development organization, LAPO addresses the root causes and manifestations of poverty such as poor health, economic powerlessness, discrimination, ignorance, social exclusion and gender inequality through innovative financial and non-financial programmes targeting disadvantaged groups across the country. #LAPONGORG.
The leading institution, enabling prosperity, excellent health and social justice in Africa
To use innovative approaches, to provide financial, health and social services to stakeholders in a sustainable manner.
- Int’l Women’s Day: LAPO gives out N0.9m to women for contributing to growth, development of Nigeria March 16, 2021
- Organisation Urges Recognition Of Women’s Contributions To Nation Building March 16, 2021
- LAPO Sensitises 83.4 Million Nigerians Against Cancers, Empowers 1.2 Million Persons March 16, 2021
- Food Security: How LAPO Disbursed N12.2bn To 152,446 Rural Farmers March 16, 2021
- LAPO Sensitizes 83.4 Million Nigerians Against Cancer In Four Years March 16, 2021