REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Title: Request for Expression of Interest – Consulting Services for Fundraising and Proposal Development for Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO)
Individual consultants and fundraising organisations within and outside Nigeria
Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO) is a leading non-governmental organization committed to the social, health and economic empowerment of the poor and vulnerable population in Nigeria. LAPO was founded by Dr. Godwin Ehigiamusoe in 1987 while working as a Rural Cooperative Officer in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State.
The mission of LAPO is to ‘promote health, rural development and social justice for sustainable livelihood and equity among target groups’ so as to achieve our vision of ‘a healthy and informed society characterized by prosperity, justice and equity’. Issues addressed by LAPO include poor health, economic powerlessness, discrimination, low self-esteem, ignorance, poor nutrition, social exclusion and gender inequity. Over the years, LAPO has demonstrated uncommon commitment to poverty alleviation through the implementation of innovative credit and non-credit community-based development programmes. LAPO community-based project is aimed at increasing access to health information, materials and referral services towards ‘improving lives’ of members of target communities. The organisation is committed to improving the quality of life of its target beneficiaries through the implementation of sustainable development projects.
LAPO will continue to invest in health services and expand economic opportunities for the poorest of the poor in Nigeria. The organisation’s programmes (health and rural livelihood development initiatives) will contribute to the following SDGs: To End poverty in all its forms everywhere (SDG 1); To ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages (SDG 3) and; To ensure access to water and sanitation for all (SDG 6). LAPO health and economic empowerment interventions will strive to achieve these SDG targets by 2030:
- To reduce at least by half the proportion of men, women and children of all ages living in poverty in all its dimensions according to national definitions (SDG 1.2)
- To double the agricultural productivity and incomes of small-scale food producers, in particular women, indigenous peoples, family farmers, pastoralists and fishers, including through secure and equal access to land, other productive resources and inputs, knowledge, financial services, markets and opportunities for value addition and non-farm employment (SDG 2.3)
- To reduce maternal mortality and preventable deaths of newborns and children under 5 years of age (SDG 3.1 & 3.2)
- To reduce mortality from cancer and other non-communicable diseases through primary prevention services (SDG 3.4)
- To reduce the proportion of the target population without access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services (SDG 6.1 & 6.2)
Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO) is therefore requesting for expression of interest (EOI) from Individual consultants and fundraising organisations with adequate grant sourcing and successful fundraising experience in the development and business sectors to support the fundraising plan of LAPO.
LAPO target areas
LAPO is a national organisation with a local presence across Nigeria. The organisation can implement programs in every state of Nigeria except communities with challenges of insecurities.
Service duration: The period of engagement is for 12 months period and renewable based on performance.
The Goal of This EOI
The consulting service is aimed at facilitating grant sourcing, development of proposals and fundraising for development programmes of LAPO.
Consultant engagement strategies include but not limited to the following:
- Sourcing for current calls for relevant proposals
- Discussing terms of engagement for successful development and submission of the proposal to prospective donors.
- Terms of agreement in the execution of any award of grants and execution of the projects/ programs
EOI and submission guidelines
- The proposal must not be more than 5 pages in length. Submissions should be in 12 font, 1.5 spacing, English, Times New Roman and in Microsoft word.
- The proposal must include the following categories:
- Consultant/ organisation profile: Brief profile and summary of the individual/ organization(s) experience in proposal development and fundraising assignments.
- Consultant/ organisation contact details: Primary organizational point of contact details and address (contact person, email, postal, courier and telephone)
- Summary of your EOI: One page description of your proposal
- Services description and objectives: Narrative description of proposed actions and objectives including how the terms of agreement for the consultancy services will be craved.
- Methodology: State and describe proposed consultancy services methodology for each of the stages of your proposed intervention (e.g. entry/ project commencement, intensive/ mid-project implementation and exit activities).
- Services delivery workplan (Logical Framework): Develop your project work plan comprising the list of activities, objective of each activity, output and outcome indicators, etc.
- d) Other Attachment (not included in the page limit): Required attachments for proposal consideration include a certificate of registration with local or state or federal government, most recent consultancies in the past three years and financial/audit annual reports (if available), list and contact details of the management team and members of the board of trustees or directors, etc.).
Application review information
1. Criteria: Eligible submissions will be those that comply with the criteria and requirements included in this call. In addition, LAPO review team will evaluate the EOI based on the following criteria:
- Organization’s project experience and current capacity including an established office location.
- Quality of project/ consultancy idea – is the proposed plan relevant to LAPO?
2. After reviewing the EOI, selected individuals/ organisations may be requested to review their proposed methodology and budget. LAPO will provide formal notifications to individuals/ organisations on final decisions within one month after submitting the EOI. Selected individuals/ organisations will be required to sign a services level agreement (SLA).
Clarification and Proposal Submission
Applicants seeking clarifications on this call for EOI should contact the Coordinator, Resource Mobilization and Proposal Development at [email protected] and copy [email protected] Responses to questions from LAPO do not indicate a commitment or acceptance of the EOI. The proposal must be submitted through email to [email protected] and copy [email protected].
- NGO distributes gas cylinders in Delta, Anambra￼ June 20, 2022
- LAPO rewards 468 employees April 27, 2022
- GENDER AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT April 20, 2022
- IWD: LAPO awards six outstanding women for leadership skill March 14, 2022
- LAPO spends N300m on cancer programme in 7yrs March 14, 2022