LAPO Rural Development Initiative
LAPO addresses challenges limiting farmer’s productivity and income such as inadequate information on improved inputs, low capacity and non-availability of inputs for improved farm yield. It conducts research and farm enterprise training to develop better practices for the agricultural sector, promotes the use of efficient farming techniques and offer rural farmers credit facilities towards making them self-sufficient in food production. The Training and Demonstration Centre (TRADEC) which has poultry, piggery and fishery units provides quality agricultural research services, training and technical skill development that enhances farmers’ income. The combination of our efforts results in enhanced livelihood and increased food production in the country, which in turn ensures food security and progress towards achieving the MDGs of eradicating extreme poverty and hunger.
Micro Credit Product
LARDI grants credit facilities ranging from group loan, asset loan and individual loan to enable farmers in rural communities scale up their farm enterprises towards making them self-sufficient in food production. LARDI has consistently recorded excellent performance in its credit operations.
- LAPO Workplace COVID-19 Prevention May 6, 2020
- AG. ED SPEECH AT IYEKOGBO COMMUNITY HEALTH OUTREACH March 16, 2020
- Ekperi Community Agog As LAPO, Japanese Embassy Commission N28m Rice Mill Project March 16, 2020
- FOUNDER SPEECH AT THE OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING OF THE UGBEKPE-EKPERI COMMUNITY RICE MILL PROJECT IN EDO STATE 2020 March 10, 2020
- Action Newsletter February 2020 Edition March 9, 2020