ANNUAL LAPO DEVELOPMENT FORUM, OCT 22, 2019: PUBLIC INVITATION
Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO) hereby invites health & academic institutions, professional associations/trade unions, government agencies, policy makers, NGOs/CSOs, development partners, religious bodies, women groups & the general public to its forthcoming 26th Annual LAPO Development Forum, 2019.
THEME: The Nigeria Healthcare Situation: The Way Forward.
DATE: Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019
VENUE: International Conference Centre, Central Business District, Abuja
CHAIRMAN OF THE OCCASION: Prof. Charles Soludo, former CBN Governor and member of the Federal Govt. Economic Advisory Council.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Prof Omokhoa Adeleye, Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Benin, Benin City/ Consultant Public Health and Community Physician, UBTH.
CHIEF HOST: Godwin Eseiwi Ehigiamusoe PhD, CEO, LAPO
Over 300 distinguished personalities including members of the National Assembly, Cabinet Ministers, Policy Makers, Health Practitioners, Civil Society Organizations and International Development Organisations are to grace the occasion. Gen. Yakubu Gowon and Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR are among prominent personalities who have delivered key papers at the Forum in the past.
Initiated in 1994, the Forum has become a rallying point for discussions and viable solutions to identified issues in poverty and development in Nigeria. This will be an auspicious platform for critical stakeholders to dissect and provide workable solutions to the multifarious issues and challenges bedevilling health delivery system in Nigeria. Free registration: lapoforum. Follow us: #LAPOFORUM.
The main objectives of the 26th Annual LAPO Annual Development Forum are:
- To examine the state and challenges inhibiting healthcare service delivery in Nigeria
- To provide workable solutions to healthcare service delivery in Nigeria
- To examine the capacity and effectiveness of health institutions in Nigeria.
- Provide opportunity for government, the private sector and research institutions to deliberate on strategies to address Nigeria’s healthcare delivery challenges.
- To identify the way forward for healthcare service delivery in Nigeria.
- A well documented and publicized report containing presentations, discussions, major conclusions and recommendations capable of stimulating sustainable socio-economic transformation in Nigeria.
- Implementation of new and existing policies capable of driving the growth and development of the Nigeria health sector.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- NGOs/Civil Society Organizations
- Members of the National Assembly
- Cabinet Ministers
- Policy Makers and Regulatory Agencies
- Health & Insurance Agencies
- Health Research Institutes
- Local and International Non-Governmental Organizations
- Development Banks and Multinational corporations
- Trade Groups and Professional Associations
- Foreign missions in Nigeria
- The Academia.
- AG. ED SPEECH AT IYEKOGBO COMMUNITY HEALTH OUTREACH March 16, 2020
- Ekperi Community Agog As LAPO, Japanese Embassy Commission N28m Rice Mill Project March 16, 2020
- FOUNDER SPEECH AT THE OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING OF THE UGBEKPE-EKPERI COMMUNITY RICE MILL PROJECT IN EDO STATE 2020 March 10, 2020
- Action Newsletter February 2020 Edition March 9, 2020
- LAPO Improves Community Health, Screens 103,606 for Common Diseases February 26, 2020