THE 28TH ANNUAL LAPO DEVELOPMENT FORUM: PUBLIC INVITATION
The Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO), in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Health, cordially invites government functionaries and agencies, health administrators, development partners, professional associations and other critical stakeholders in development to the 28th Annual LAPO Development Forum.
Theme: Promoting Community-Based Cancer Control Programme in Nigeria: The LAPO-C4 Initiative
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Venue: Yar’Adua International Conference Centre, Abuja.
Time: 10am Prompt
Chairman: His Excellency, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR, Former President of Nigeria
Special Guest of Honour: His Excellency, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe CFR, Ex-Edo State Deputy Governor and Chie
Guest Speaker: Prof Omokhoa Adeleye, Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Benin /Consultant, UBTH
Co-Host: Dr. Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire, Hon. Minister of Health,
Host: Godwin Ehigiamusoe PhD. CEO, LAPO
Physical Attendance: Facilitators/Key Guests
Zoom Webinar: Stakeholders/General Public
Click Here Now To Register Free For The 2021 Annual LAPO Development Forum
Copy And Paste This Link On Your Broswer To Register: http://bit.ly/LAPOFORUM2021
ABOUT LAPO FORUM
Initiated in 1994, the Annual LAPO Development Forum has become a faculty of development in its own right. The Annual Conferencing consists of high-profile plenary lectures and technical sessions with inputs from key sectors of the economy. The theme of the first edition of the Forum held in 1994 was “The Nigerian Economy and the Poor (1984-1994). Discussions and conclusions at that session reinforced our belief that sustainable approach to poverty alleviation must go beyond charity and directed at strengthening the income capacity of the poor.
Over the years, the Forum has stimulated discourse on the development agenda in Nigeria and Africa with very realistic solutions canvassed by guest lecturers and conferees. Gen. Yakubu Gowon, Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Prof. Charles Soludo and Hon. Justice Samson Uwaifo JSC (Rtd) are among prominent Nigerians who have featured as chairmen or keynote paper presenters at previous editions of the Forum.
The main objectives of the 28th Annual LAPO Development Forum are:
- To examine the state and challenges inhibiting community-based cancer prevention, treatment and control programme in Nigeria.
- To appraise the LAPO-C4 project strategies, performance and challenges.
- To advocate workable policies and strategies to ensure access to quality cancer prevention and treatment service in rural communities
- To harness national strategies and policies for effective community-based cancer control programme in Nigeria.
- A well-documented and publicized report containing presentations, discussions, major conclusions and recommendations capable of improving quality cancer care in Nigeria.
- Implementation of new and existing policies capable of driving the development of cancer prevention and treatment in Nigerian communities.
27th Annual LAPO Development Forum 2020
26th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2019
25th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2018
24th LAPO Annual Development Forum 2017
23rd LAPO Annual Development Forum 2016
22nd LAPO Annual Development Forum 2015
For further information on the Annual LAPO Development Forum, contact:
Honestus Ayobami Obadiora PhD
Executive Director: +234 806 6981901
Head, Communications & Advocacy
Tel: (+234) 816 3706505, 705 9493989
Manager, Health & Special Projects
Tel: (+234) 813 3994016
LAPO is a pro-poor community development organization founded in 1987 by Dr. Godwin Eseiwi Ehigiamusoe while working as a Rural Cooperative Officer at Ogwashi-Uku in the defunct Bendel State. Over the years, the organisation has demonstrated uncommon commitment to poverty alleviation through the implementation of innovative credit, health and social development programmes targeting disadvantaged groups. LAPO projects include flexible microfinance services, advocacy, social inclusion and health interventions which include cancer prevention, HIV, malaria and other public health emergencies such as Lassa fever and Coronavirus.
Since 2016, LAPO has been implementing the LAPO Community Campaign for Cancer Control (LAPO-C4) project with FCT, Lagos, Edo, Imo and Rivers as focal states. The experiences and outcomes of the project are quite revealing and informed the choice of the theme for this year’s Forum. With a full-time staff of 10,121, LAPO has developed into a system of institutions that meet the needs of the poor in Nigeria and Sierra Leone. It is a major investor in LAPO Microfinance Bank, a foremost microfinance institution in Africa; LAPO Microfinance Company, Sierra Leone; Benin Medical Care, a medical and diagnostic facility in Benin City and Goxi Micro-Insurance Company. #LAPO.ORG.
Vision: The leading institution enabling prosperity, excellent health and social justice in Africa
Our Mission: To use innovative approaches to provide financial, health and social services to stakeholders in a sustainable manner.
Connect With Us:
LAPO … Improving Lives
- NAWOJ Seeks LAPO Partnership September 22, 2021
- Edo State Health Insurance Commission Seeks LAPO Support September 22, 2021
- LAPO Mentor 56 Traditional Birth Attendants On Best Practices September 22, 2021
- LAPO Combats Cancer, Sensitizes 157,865 Community Members September 22, 2021
- LAPO Improves Health Conditions of 22m Community Members September 22, 2021