LAPO Holds AGM, Impacts 24 Million Persons With Health, Social And Financial Services
Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO) enhanced the socio-economic and health conditions of 24,717,347 community members across the country with its services in 2017.
Chairman, Board of Directors, Dr. Osarenren Emokpae stated this in Lagos at the organization’s Annual General Meeting for the financial year ended 31st. December 2017, adding that its financial subsidiary, Lift Agricultural and Rural Development Initiative (LARDI) supported 64,899 rural farmers with N5.6 billion during the year.
Dr. Emokpae said 2,237,476 persons were empowered with health and social development training, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) publications while 22,479,871 benefitted from the LAPO Community Campaign for Cancer Control (LAPO-C4) project in Lagos, Imo, Abuja, Rivers and Edo State through screening and media awareness.
The Board Chairman expressed LAPO’s commitment to improving the lives of community members and building the capacity of women to challenge and resist harmful socio-cultural structures and processes that limit their progress and enjoyment of good life.
He emphasized that social and health empowerment programmes have always been an integral part of LAPO’s poverty reduction strategy, stressing that there can be no meaningful development without women involvement and inclusion in the development process.
He said the organization delivers innovative health, social empowerment and financial services to target beneficiaries and expressed gratitude to LAPO Microfinance Bank Limiterd and other organizations that have been part of the history and success story of the development organization over the years.
- Int’l Women’s Day: LAPO gives out N0.9m to women for contributing to growth, development of Nigeria March 16, 2021
- Organisation Urges Recognition Of Women’s Contributions To Nation Building March 16, 2021
- LAPO Sensitises 83.4 Million Nigerians Against Cancers, Empowers 1.2 Million Persons March 16, 2021
- Food Security: How LAPO Disbursed N12.2bn To 152,446 Rural Farmers March 16, 2021
- LAPO Sensitizes 83.4 Million Nigerians Against Cancer In Four Years March 16, 2021