2,894 Community Members Screened during Cancer Sensitization
LAPO reached 4,532,127 community members with cancer sensitization campaign between August and September, 2018.
The organization is currently implementing a 2-yearCommunity Campaign for Cancer Control (LAPO-C4) project in Lagos, Imo, Abuja, Rivers, and Edo State aimed at reducing cancer-related deaths in Nigeria with focus on prevention and early detection.
The project, which consists of mass awareness, screening and referral services is designed to assist community members detect cancer ailments early for uptake of preventive treatment.
A breakdown of the figures indicates that 214,992 persons received direct sensitization while 4,495,410 were reached through Information, Education and Enlightenment (IEC) handbills and the mass media. 2,894persons were screened for the ailment and 11 referred to tertiary health institutions for treatment.
The Executive Director of LAPO, Sabina Idowu-Osehobo who said the project is aimed at preventing and mitigating cancer in Nigeria, advised women to ascertain their health status regularly as breast and cervical cancer poses a serious threat to their lives.
- Jonathan to speak at Lift Above Poverty event in Abuja October 21, 2021
- LAPO Boosts Rural Agriculture, Supports Farmers With N11bn October 5, 2021
- LAPO Improves Health Conditions Of 22 Million Community Members October 5, 2021
- Jonathan, Ehanire, Adeleye To Speak At LAPO Dev Forum September 28, 2021
- LAPO Tasks Agency On Improved Health Services in Edo September 28, 2021