LAPO Screens 29,025 Community Members for Common Diseases
As a part of Erektile Dysfunktion Durch Pornos its commitment to community health improvement and wellbeing, LAPO is engaged in early detection and management of common diseases in Nigeria.
Between January and March 2019 the organization screened 29,025 community members for malaria, blood pressure, hepatitis, diabetes and other ailments and referred those with health conditions to government-approved health facilities for treatment.
Health Manager, Dr Ayobami Honestus Obadiora advised the public to adopt healthy lifestyles and imbibe the culture of regular medical check-up for early detection of adverse health condition, noting that health education and screening constitute a major component of LAPO health intervention initiative.
He said Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) were responsible for about 20% of all deaths and 60% of admitted patients in most tertiary hospitals in Nigeria.
Dr Obadiora highlighted the significant reduction in self-medication and other forms of drug misuse amongst the achievements of LAPO, noting that rural dwellers are more vulnerable to diseases due to ignorance and unhealthy living practices.
- FINANCING MICROFINANCE July 26, 2021
- LAPO partners MfB, re-launches integration project July 12, 2021
- Family Fest International Honours LAPO July 12, 2021
- LAPO Partners IFC On Economic Development In Sub-Saharan Africa July 12, 2021
- LAPO Trains Community Members On Healthy Living Practices July 12, 2021