LAPO Trains 48,987 Beneficiaries On Health Issues
LAPO is actively engaged in community health education. This is in view of the fact that poor health further deepens poverty by diminishing people’s
economic productive capacity with the increased cost of health care.
In the first quarter of 2019, LAPO sensitized 48,987 women in target communities on health issues, causes and management of common diseases,
leading to increased health consciousness and positive living amongst them. Over 254,710 persons were reached indirectly through Information,
Education and Enlightenment (IEC) publications.
The Executive Director, Sabina Idowu-Osehobo disclosed this while assessing the performance of the organization during the period,
explaining that most of the beneficiaries now understand the importance of medical test before treatment.
The health awareness programme demonstrates the commitment of LAPO to the health and overall well-being of members of the public.
Issues discussed include personal hygiene, the importance of hand washing, environmental cleanliness, hypertension, diabetes and nutrition.
- Int’l Women’s Day: LAPO gives out N0.9m to women for contributing to growth, development of Nigeria March 16, 2021
- Organisation Urges Recognition Of Women’s Contributions To Nation Building March 16, 2021
- LAPO Sensitises 83.4 Million Nigerians Against Cancers, Empowers 1.2 Million Persons March 16, 2021
- Food Security: How LAPO Disbursed N12.2bn To 152,446 Rural Farmers March 16, 2021
- LAPO Sensitizes 83.4 Million Nigerians Against Cancer In Four Years March 16, 2021