LAPO Trains 48,987 Beneficiaries On Health Issues
LAPO is actively engaged in community health education. This is in view of the fact that poor health further deepens poverty by diminishing people’s
economic productive capacity with the increased cost of health care.
In the first quarter of 2019, LAPO sensitized 48,987 women in target communities on health issues, causes and management of common diseases,
leading to increased health consciousness and positive living amongst them. Over 254,710 persons were reached indirectly through Information,
Education and Enlightenment (IEC) publications.
The Executive Director, Sabina Idowu-Osehobo disclosed this while assessing the performance of the organization during the period,
explaining that most of the beneficiaries now understand the importance of medical test before treatment.
The health awareness programme demonstrates the commitment of LAPO to the health and overall well-being of members of the public.
Issues discussed include personal hygiene, the importance of hand washing, environmental cleanliness, hypertension, diabetes and nutrition.
- Jonathan to speak at Lift Above Poverty event in Abuja October 21, 2021
- LAPO Boosts Rural Agriculture, Supports Farmers With N11bn October 5, 2021
- LAPO Improves Health Conditions Of 22 Million Community Members October 5, 2021
- Jonathan, Ehanire, Adeleye To Speak At LAPO Dev Forum September 28, 2021
- LAPO Tasks Agency On Improved Health Services in Edo September 28, 2021