LAPO Outstanding Women Leadership Award
LAPO Outstanding Women Leadership Award
LAPO has overtime worked for the recognition of women’s contributions to societal development.The LAPO Outstanding Women Leadership Award further demonstrates the organization’s commitment to women empowerment. It recognizes and honours women who have distinguished themselves in their various endeavours: Business, Professional and Public Life.
LAPO believes that recognitions for exceptional service and contributions to the development of society should be a vital part of any dynamic, vibrant and growing society. By recognizing people for their contributions and exceptional service, we send a strong message to everyone that hard work, creativity and exceptional service are not ignored or taken for granted. We have chosen this way to inform the award winners that what they do is important and is making a difference. By recognizing them, LAPO wants to tell the world who the awardees are and what they are doing to enhance the quality of human life in our global community. The award recognizes the various recipients for their distinguished contributions, showcases what LAPO stands for and its future plan for women.
For more than two decades, LAPO has been in the forefront of bringing gender issues to wider attention, recognizing and promoting women’s contributions to the development of the society. We work in collaboration with government, state institutions, like-minded organizations, appointed and elected political leaders to achieve our vision of a healthy and informed society characterized by prosperity, justice and equity for everyone and women in particular.
Nigeria women have taken on different roles before and after independence and excelled in many fields. The achievements of such women are made all the more precious by the fact that in most cases, success has been achieved in the face of adversity and difficulties and with the strength of courage, initiative and determination.
It is important that such success stories be publicly recognized so that such women become role models and mentors for future generations of Nigerian women. Such recognitions will also go a long way in moulding societal mindsets to accept and encourage the significant contributions of women in Nigeria. The award will reinforce the positive image of women in Nigeria and help in reducing the influence of negative attitudes and practices that discriminates against and exclude women.
To honour and celebrate women who have excelled in their respective fields of business, profession and public sectors..
Objectives of the Award
LAPO aims to achieve a set of values that enhance the progress of Nigerian women in different areas, including:
- Recognize and honour the outstanding contributions of women in business, professional and public sectors in Nigeria.
- Recognize the effective role of women and their contributions to Nigerian society and its future growth.
- Honour women who excel in their work, performed to highest standards in business, professional and public sectors.
- Inspire and encourage future generations of women to achieve their true potentials, thereby enhancing their status in the society.
- Provide mentors to discover the hidden potentials in Nigerian women.
- Applicants must enclose a passport size photograph
- Must provide names and contact details of two referees.
- People are encouraged to nominate potential awardees.
- Nominees should be alive on the date of nomination
- Applications can be downloaded and submitted online via: www.lapo-ngo.org, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Hard copies can also be submitted at any LAPO office nearest to you. Click here to download LOWLA application form
- Applicants must be Nigerian women above 30 years of age.
- Must have been working in the relevant field for at least ten years
- The achievements of the nominee should be verifiable and subject to objective appraisal
- Preference shall be accorded women who have come up in life after a great deal of struggle and adversity.
- The award attracts the sum of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000) only
- The award is valid for a lifetime
- All expenses incurred by the awardees shall be borne by LAPO.
- A prestigious LAPO plaque shall be presented to the winners
- The awardees can use the LAPO logo freely for three years
- Opportunity to join the LAPO mentoring programme
For more information, please contact
Honestus Ayobabi Obadiora Rosemary Okwuobi
Ag Executive Director Secretary, Organizing Committee
08066981901, 09059493336 08133994016
Winners OF THE LAPO OUTSTANDING WOMEN LEADERSHIP AWARD
|1st Edition, 2013||Grace Ideahor Osakwe||Bawa Victoria Kachnem||Dr. (Mrs) Katherine Oronsaye|
|2nd Edition, 2014||Prof. (Mrs.) Cordelia Anenehi Agbebaku||Gladys Oyenmwen Elenotor||Stella Nwamaka Agwura|
|3rd Edition, 2015||Barr. Mary A. Iyasere||Mrs. Happiness Omoruyi||Chief (Mrs.) Mabel Ozozo Adams JP|
|4th Edition, 2016||Adefunke Taiwo Adebanjo||Esther Ohiren||Ruth Ojoma Agbo|
|5th Edition, 2017||Obehi Hilda Okojie||Faith Ovenloba||Olajumoke Abimbola Mustapha|
|6th Edition, 2018||Oti Justina Onyenaturuchi||Esther Agbonzikilo||Hon (Mrs.)Patience Omorogiuwa Adamu|
|7th Edition, 2019||Prof. Christiana Ehimen Okojie||Mrs. Oserhebhen Enehiremen||Eucharia Asikaralu Okafor|
|8th Edition, 2020||Mrs. Nkechi Aham||Mrs Evelyn Akpomedaye||Magdalyn Ugbo (Farming Category)|
|9th Edition, 2021||Mrs. Felicia Fumilola Babalola||Mrs. Christiana Ovieba Ebitimi||Mrs. Joke Kolaja Adesina (Farming Category)|
|10th Edition, 2022||Nwanta Flora Nwankaego||Mary-Ike Ikechukwu||Akinayajo Olamide Ajoke (Farming Category)|
|Amina Mohammed||Martina Onah||Hajiya Hassana Haladu (Farming Category)|
Connect With Us:
LAPO … Improving Lives
- NGO distributes gas cylinders in Delta, Anambra￼ June 20, 2022
- LAPO rewards 468 employees April 27, 2022
- GENDER AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT April 20, 2022
- IWD: LAPO awards six outstanding women for leadership skill March 14, 2022
- LAPO spends N300m on cancer programme in 7yrs March 14, 2022