Micro Business Management Training
The success of micro entrepreneurs in business is a top priority for LAPO since they are major contributors to the nation’s economic growth and development. In addition to a broad range of affordable financial services, the organization has a well structured business management training programme aimed at equipping micro entrepreneurs with the requisite skills and competencies to manage their businesses profitably.
- Enhance participants’ understanding and awareness of basic business concepts and market conditions that affect their ability to improve their production and maximize profits.
- Understand how the value chain (relationship between suppliers, producers, wholesalers, retailers and consumers) affects their production activities.
- Help participants adopt practical methods/techniques for planning their business, savings and profit maximization as well as debt management.
- Improve their skills in the areas of financial management (cash flow), record keeping and market analysis.
- Formulate individual action plans to implement what they have learnt at the training.
- Network with relevant bodies.
Training contents include:
- Business planning
- Business management
- Basic financial management
- Strategies for networking
- Fund raising and resource mobilization
The training programme incorporates learning-based methodologies such as:
- Guided discussions on specific topics
In this instance, facilitators guide participants to discuss specific topics by providing opportunity for them to share their business experience and insights.
- Small group discussions
This affords participants the avenue to discuss and/or analyze specific case studies.
- Practical sessions
The training provides an avenue for participants to boost their production and business skills through stories and dealing with practical problem cases in the class.
- Action plan
At the end of the training session, participants are encouraged to develop a personal action plan based on the training received.
- LAPO Holds AGM, Empowers 1.2m Nigerians With Health, Social Services January 6, 2021
- 2020 LIFT ABOVE POVERTY ORGANIZATION (LAPO) ANNUAL DEVELOPMENT FORUM CHAIRMAN’S OPENING ADDRESS November 26, 2020
- Action Newsletter April 2020 Edition November 3, 2020
- THE CEO SPEECH ON 2020 LOWLA October 14, 2020
- ANNUAL LAPO DEVELOPMENT FORUM: PUBLIC INVITATION October 7, 2020